You may be tempted to get the best dimmable ballast despite the fact that it may not be appropriate for you. All that may be required is a grossly overstated claim or a dishonest sales presentation. And you can envision yourself purchasing a substandard product.
With a clear purchase guide and basic awareness, you may avoid falling victim to false marketing. Here, you will learn how to become a savvy shopper who can locate the best deal.
We will cover how we compared based on product material, usability, specs & qualities, price, customer rating, warranty & refund, and pricing.
Follow This Table For Choosing A Product Quickly
Best dimmable ballast Reviews
- 600W Digital Dimmable Electronic Ballast: Support 120V/240V Input; Dimmable Options: 50%, 75%, 100%; 8 Feet heavy-duty power cord included; Stable power output ensure flicker free light
- 1 x 600W Super HPS Bulb; Color Temperature: 2100K; Optimized spectrum and high PAR (Photosynthetic Active Radiation) to promote healthy plant growth and soonest flourish
- 1 x Pair of 8-ft adjustable Ratchet Clip Hanger Rope: hold up to 150 lbs
- CAUTION: This system will generate too much heat to be used in an enclosed area without ventilation. Adequate ventilation is required for all iPower grow light systems. We recommend the use of an iPower inline fan
- 19-inch Wing Reflector: up to 4' x 4' light coverage; Built-in 15 feet heavy duty lamp cord with E39 Ceramic Mogul Socket and standard Hydroponic S-Plug; highly 95% reflective textured German aluminum maximizes the light reflected to the plants
- Note: The dimmable setting of ballast should be the same watts as the bulb when starting, or your bulb may not be lighted up; The extra setting is to adjust the brightness (lumen) of the bulb; Different lumens have different effect on the plants
- UL Listed 1000W Dimmable Ballast: Dimmable level: 600w; 750w; 1000w; super lumens (110%)
- What You Get: VIVOSUN ultra bright 1000w digital ballast, 8ft 120 volt power cord, four rubber feet, our fan-favorite 3-year warranty and friendly customer service
- Operates on 120/240V, 50/60Hz Power Supply; 8ft 120V power cord included; Strike both MH and HPS bulbs
- Overheating Protection; End-of-Bulb-Life protection; Short circuit protection; Ignition failure protection
- 50 Watt
- 120/277 Volt
- Constant Current LED Driver
- For Dry and Lamp Locations
- 0-10 Volt Dimming
- Package Includes: 1*1000W Ballast, 1*200pcs Cable Tie of 8"
- Optimal heat dissipation: built-in cooling fan and graduating fin designed to minimize ballast temperature
- Compatible with HPS and MH light bulbs by micro-chip programming; Free heavy-duty power cord included
- Operating Voltage Range: 100V~265V with 120V working voltage; Dimmable Options: 50%, 75%, 100%
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric
- Ultra-safety: advanced protection against short circuit, power Surge, ignition failure, Overheat, end-of bulb-life
- High Power Factor
- Use 0-10V DC Controls
- Type 1 Outdoor, inherent Thermal Protection
- Class P, Sound Rated A
- 💡【HASSLE-FREE WARRANTY】 - JESLED offers 24/7 after-sale support, 60 days full refund policy and 3 years hassel-free warranty. Please contact us directly if you meet any issue.
- 💡【LONG LASTING TUBE】 - JESLED shatterproof 4’ T8 LED tube lights dimmable have an outstanding life rating of 50,000+ hours! These 4ft led lights can last 20+ years under normal conditions, eliminating maintenance costs and reducing relamp frequency.
- 💡【ENERGY EFFICIENT & FLUORESCENT REPLACEMENT】 - JESLED dual row T8 T10 T12 4ft LED tube lights can illuminate your space with 3120+lumens. Instantly economize 65% on your electricity bill when you replace 65watt old fluorescent tubes with high output 24w 4foot(48-inch) LED light bulbs. NO harmful hazardous waste.
- 💡【Dimmable & Wide Application】- Designed with the latest light source technology, our dimmable 4FT light bulbs are compatible with most dimmers in the market, offering a dimming control from 100% to 10% without flicker or buzzing. You can adjust the ideal brightness for different occasions or ambiences. (NOTE: recommended dimmer are listed in product description)
- 💡【EASY REMOVE BALLAST INSTALL】 - JESLED dimmable 4 ft LED Type B light bulb are dual-end powered and require a simple, remove ballast installation. Please refer to our installation guide for details.(NOTE: Our LED tubes should only be installed by individuals who have been properly trained to perform basic electrical maintenance and repair, as improper installation will cause the light not to work, or even burn out, affecting the normal use of tube lights.)
- Specification: compatible with HPS and MH light bulbs by micro-chip programming, 8FT heavy-duty power cord included, fast lamp ignition by lighting up the bulbs within 1-2 mins max, stable voltage output ensures flicker free light
- High frequency output results in less power loss: 30% more lumens than magnetic ballasts for improved yields
- Ultra-safety: advanced protection against short circuit, power surge, ignition failure, overheat, end-of bulb-life. Built-in cooling fan and graduating fin designed to minimize ballast temperature
- Operating voltage range: 100V~265V with 120V working voltage; dimmable options: 50%, 75%, 100%. Watt option: 600w / 750w / 1000w / Super lumens (110%)
- Package included: 1 x 1000 watt digital dimmable electronic ballast, 1 x heavy-duty power cord, 1 x operating manual
- 【Specification】:Rating input current 2.89,Start current 0.96,Operating temperature -20~50,Waterproof level IP65, Net weight <3 KG.
- 【Guarantee Assurance】:Our TOPHORT HPS grow light ballasts are UL Certified and come with a 2-year warranty against manufacturer defects. If your order is more than one month, please don't contact Amazon, contact the seller directly, we will provide you with warranty service.
- 【Super-Safety】:TOPHORT digital ballasts are tuned for minimal total harmonic distortion (THD%) 99% Power factors replaceable outset fuse by input terminal for short circuit protection short circuit protection by automatic power shut off for ultimate safety fast lamp ignition by lighting up the bulbs within 1-3mins max.
- 【Suitable for MH and HPS】:TOPHORT electronic dimmable ballast compatible with both MH and HPS bulbs,120V and 240V power supplies.
- 【Stable Output Voltage】:High-frequency output results in less power loss (50/60Hz Frequency).
- The most stable output frequency of any ballast, and runs 15% cooler than other digital ballasts on the market
- Run at 100%, 75% or 50% power and strikes both metal halide and high pressure sodium bulbs
- Higher lumen output than magnetic ballasts and can run efficiently on generators without flickering
- Resin sealed circuit board for high humidity installations and can easily be used in conjunction with lighting controllers and flip boxes
- Accepts 120V/240V with no wiring needed (both cords included); 208V-configurable with electrician assistance
- Overheating Protection&Circuit safety Protection:YOOLUX Ballast internal fan is very quiet and keeps all parts cool and running smoothly,External breaker system protects against power surges.
- CUSTOMER CARE: "CUSTOMER FIRST" is our goal, Our YOOLUX support team 24/7 stands by to Solve customer product usage problems.
- Consistent Light Output:YOOLUX Digital ballasts provide a more consistent electrical current to the plant bulb, resulting in a longer lasting bulbs that function at a higher level with minimal to no flickering.
- Dimmable featuret: Adjust level: 400W; 600W; 1000W; Super lumens(1100W), allows you to run different power output grow bulus.Operates on 120/240V, 50/60Hz power supply. 8ft 120V heavy-duty power cord included.
- High Efficiency: Reduces wastage and improves efficiency with higher up to 20% more lumen output than some old style magnetic ballasts. Note:Digital ballasts is heavy and may cause digital components broken while shipping,YOOLUX provided 1 year warranty.
- Automatically converts between HPS and MH light bulbs by micro-chip programming; Fast lamp ignition by lighting up the bulbs within 1-2 minutes max; Stable voltage output ensures flicker free light
- Package included: 4-pack 1000 watt digital dimmable electronic ballast included
- High frequency output results in less power loss, 30% more Lumens than Magnetic ballasts for improved yields
- Support dual voltage input 120V/240V; dimmable options: 50%, 75%, 100%; (8 feet heavy-duty power cord included)
- Ultra-safety: protection against short circuit, power Surge, ignition failure, Overheat, end-of bulb-life; built-in cooling fan and graduating fin designed to minimize ballast temperature
- Lamp Current Crest Factor of 1.7
- Requires compatible 0-10V DC Mark-7 Dimmer/Controls.
- Dimmable Programmed Start
- Provides Independent Lamp Operation (ILO)
- Minimum starting temp of 50F
- 2 X 70W T8
- This ballast will correct operate the follwing lamps
- 2 X 21W T5
- 2 X 39W T5
- 2 X 40W PL-L
- Built-in cooling fan to run cooler than other digital ballasts
- Internal rf protection
- Operates on AC 120V/240V
- Dimmable option: 400W/600W/1000W/Super Lumen
- ELECTRONIC BALLAST
- 120-277 VAC
- 2 LAMP
- 32 W
- [Durable & Cooling Design]: Strong aluminum construction for providing sturdiness, rust & corrosion resistance, can be used for a long time; cooling fan and aluminum shell for offering good heat dissipation and prolonging the service life
- [Compatibility]: 14 3/16" x 4 5/16" x 2 15/16" 1000W electronic ballast is designed for connecting with HPS & MH grow light to maintain the working current and help the light to provide stable brightness and increase the service life, fit for HPS & MH grow light and metal halide & high-pressure sodium bulbs to promote the growth of indoor plants
- [Safe Protection]: Overheating protection for stopping working when the operation temperature reaches to the maximum value, open/short circuit protection and built-in fuse for protecting critical components from circuit failure and ensuring safe running
- [High Efficiency & Stable]: Compared with magnetic ballasts, electronic ballasts feature energy-saving design to reduce input power more than 10% and help lights to provide stable lighting brightness without flickering
- [Powerful Performance]: Ballast features power output options of 600W,750W,1000W and Super Lumens for ass the light to adjust brightness and create optimal lighting environment, super lumens for achieving max. power up to 1085W at 120V and 1055W at 240V
- 1 x pair of 8-ft adjustable ratchet clip hanger rope: Hold up to 150 lbs. 24-hour plug-in mechanical timer: 15 minutes increments
- 6-inch air cooled hood reflector: up to 4' x 4' light coverage. Built-in 15 feet heavy duty lamp cord with E39 ceramic mogul socket and standard hydroponic S-plug. Highly 95% reflective textured German aluminum maximizes the light reflected to the plants
- 1000W digital dimmable electronic ballast: Support 120V/240V Input. Dimmable options: 50%, 75%, 100%. 8 feet heavy-duty power cord included. Stable power output ensure flicker free light
- Caution: This system will generate too much heat to be used in an enclosed area without ventilation. Adequate ventilation is required for all iPower grow light systems. We recommend the use of an iPower inline fan
- 1 x 1000W super HPS bulb 2100K and 1 x 1000W MH bulb 6000K: Optimized spectrum and high PAR (Photosynthetic Active Radiation) to promote healthy plant growth and soonest flourish
Thing to Consider Before Buying dimmable ballast
In this section, we will go over the fundamentals of selecting dimmable ballast to help you understand them better than ever. Yes, we are referring to the purchasing guide that you will ever require in order to settle on a product that meets your requirements.
What we will do here is discuss a few factors that you should consider before spending your hard-earned money. So, without further ado, let us begin.
The Long Game
Most buyers make the mistake of not considering what a product has to offer in the long run. If you’re going to make an investment, you should know how it will benefit you in the long run. Similarly, it makes no sense to keep buying a product because of its poor longevity.
Consider the factors that can affect the durability of your product, as well as the environment in which you will use it. In short, investing in a slightly more expensive product that has the potential to last longer is not a bad deal.
As you are aware, any product can be purchased at various price points. As a result, budgeting can be difficult at times. Similarly, there is no simple way to determine how much a product is actually worth. Aside from the material itself, brand value frequently plays a significant role in the cost of a product.
As a result, there are several factors to consider when determining the best price for your needs. The main questions to ask yourself are how long you will need them and how much you can afford.
Remember that a better product will always be more expensive, but that doesn’t mean you need it. On the other hand, going with brand value isn’t a bad idea because it’s more likely to ensure quality in the long run.
Although you should already be aware of this, it’s always a wise decision to remind it again. The size of the item you are willing to obtain is something to keep track of. Some may want to carry it in a briefcase whereas some just want it in their pocket. As a result, wherever you are buying it from, there are dimensions available in the product detail section.
Overall, know what size of the product you need and what is suitable for you to place/carry. Once that’s confirmed then choose the one that fits your housing space.
Lastly, the most important one is keeping an eye on the return policies. Different product manufacturers have their return policies and some of them don’t. Nevertheless, you should go with the one that does provide it. Yet, get to know about the terms and conditions properly.
You will find plenty of products that come with a return policy. However, when you have a peak in the terms and conditions section, you will come across nothing but deception. Thus, check them out vividly and make sure you have the choice to return them whenever you want.
It would be unfair for you guys to not have a FAQ section after reading it till here. Thus, let’s answer some generic questions about dimmable ballast.
Does every dimmable ballast come with a warranty?
It entirely depends on the manufacturer and the retailer you are buying it from to give you a warranty or not. However, if the manufacturers themselves don’t provide it then you won’t find a warranty anywhere around.
Where should I buy a dimmable ballast from?
Online shopping is always preferred for the best discounts and coupon codes that you can use to save a few bucks. Nevertheless, don’t buy it from a shady site that will give you the product at half price.
Does the material for dimmable ballast matter?
In general, yes. The materials matter a lot to ensure quality and how long they’ll serve you. However, if you’re on a tight budget then it is certain that the cheaper options will not be of the best material. Thus make sure you choose wisely.
We hope you now have a list of the best dimmable ballast if you’ve made it this far. The products we’ve mentioned above are all thorough and were chosen by experts in the field. However, be sure to read the buying advise before you purchase one of these items.